Thursday, September 10, 2009

Simeon turned 4!!

Simeon turned four year's old on Monday. Can you believe he's already four? I kind of miss him being a chubby cheeked baby. But, I really do enjoy him at this age. He's interesting to talk to.

When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he told me pirate ship cake. So, I set out to plan his birthday party. A day or two later he told me he wanted a dinosaur cake. Well, I had already sent out the invitations via evite.com. They were pirate themed, so it was too late. A day or two later he said he wanted a car cake. He stuck with that until the day before his party. I sat him down and explained why we had to do a pirate ship cake. He was not happy until I promised him we could do a car cake next year. Let's see if he remembers.

The cake started falling apart so we put some cannon balls there (whoppers). We had more than enough sandwiches to feed all the pirates in the world. Or, so it seemed.
Each child that came got an eye patch, telescope, and pirate sword.
Even the little ones.

Some were a little more dangerous with their swords than others.


Everyone ate and the kids played for a little while.
Then we sang Happy Birthday to Simeon and ate cake.
Simeon opened his gifts. I took a video, but it's too long to post online. He loved his toys. Jarrod read the cards to him, but Simeon wasn't very interested. Which is funny, because he was so excited when Toys R Us sent him a card in the mail.
Then everyone played with the new toys.



Grandpa Wilson decided it was a great time to get everyone together to sing songs while the kids played.
And thus ends the birthday party. I hope you enjoyed your tour.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Vernitta!!! So cute :) I wish I could have gone! But....I didn't get an invitation!???

    ReplyDelete